Today we explain how to make sponge cake with extra virgin olive oil. This recipe is the traditional sponge cake, but stay till the end because we have surprises!
Ingredients for 10 peopleTo make a sponge cake with Vallejo extra virgin olive oil for 10 people, we need the following ingredients:
- 400 grams of pastry flour (we can use almond flour to make it healthier).
- 4 eggs.
- 200 grams of sugar.
- 200 ml of milk.
- 200 ml of Extra virgin Olive oil Vallejo.
- 1 lemon zest (optional).
- 1 small bag of baking powder.
- In a bowl, add the eggs and sugar and beat everything until the mixture turns into a whiter and brighter color.
- Then add the milk and continue mixing.
- Now it’s the turn of Vallejo extra virgin olive oil. In order to get a homogeneous mixture, we can add the lemon zest (if we have decided to add it to the recipe) and the flour at the same time. We mix everything, then we add the baking powder.
- When all the ingredients are integrated, we turn on the oven at 180º and keep our cake there for 35-40 minutes.
- Ready to eat! In addition, we can add toppings such as fruits, chocolate, yogurt, ice cream ... Even more delicious!
Recipe with Chocolate and YogurtNow that you know how to make a sponge olive oil cake, we bring you two ingredients that will make your desserts be different: yogurt and chocolate.
If you want to make a yogurt cake with olive oil, we need to know the amount of yogurt that we will use. For example, if the yogurt weighs 125 grams, we need the same amount of Vallejo EVOO, double for the sugar (250 g) and triple for the flour (375 g).
When making the yogurt cake with Vallejo extra virgin olive oil, we must follow the same steps as with the traditional cake. However, we will add the yogurt at the same time as we add the extra virgin olive oil.
On the other hand, if we want to give our cake a sweeter touch, we only need to add a little amount of chocolate. For the chocolate cake with olive oil, we need a chocolate bar to your taste for the recipe of 10 people. If you go for the healthy version, remember that the purer the chocolate, the healthier it will be.
The first step is to melt the chocolate. We recommend doing it in the microwave, as it is easier and faster. When we have the melted chocolate ready, we put it in a bowl and we add the other ingredients in the following order: extra virgin olive oil, sugar, eggs, milk and flour. It is very important that you stir the mixture every time you add a new ingredient. This way, your cake will be fluffier.
The chef's secret to an even better sponge cake is to add a little butter and sprinkled flour to the baking pan; this way we avoid that the cake gets stuck to the pan.